Know of any good books?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am leery of the Gargoyle - what genre is it?
According to Wellington City Library - it falls under the categories of:

Burns and scalds Patients fiction
Sculptors fiction
Gargoyles fiction

The summary:

"After rolling his car down an embankment a man lies in hospital with severe burns to most of his body. He endures his pain, his disfigurement, and the excruciating treatments to remove his dead and rotting skin only in the hope of getting well enough to be able to end his life. But then Marianne Engel sculptor of gargoyles appears. She is convinced she nursed him when he was burned once before, long ago. And she unravels a tale of their meeting in 14th century Germany at the monastery of Engelthal. Weaving stories within the storyfables of love in Japan, Iceland, Italy and England Marianne slowly brings beauty and love into his life. The Gargoyle is a wild, brilliant, beautiful journey, sweeping across centuries and continents. When it ends youll want to read it again. The author Andrew Davidson was born in Manitoba and graduated in 1995 with a BA in English Literature from the University of British Columbia. He ahs worked and lived in Japan on and off for several years, teaching English and writing English lessons for Japanese websites. The Gargoyle is his first book. He lives in Manitoba, Canada"--Provided by publisher.

And the source: http://whekenui.wcl.govt.nz/cgi-bin/...540+775607+1+0

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got Dewey upon recommendation, but I haven't read it yet. Steve & Me by Terri Irwin (about the Crocodile Hunter) is also very good, though it has some disturbing cases of animal cruelty that I really didn't like reading about.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at the library yesterday and found the ultimate book to read if you happen to like cats. It is "Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams. This book is about cats and told from the cat's prespective. There are some real cool cats on the front and the back states:

Williams understanding of the nuances of feline behavior and psychology, as well as his riveting storytelling and memorable characters make the book a classic of its genre. - Cat Fancy Magazine.

It also says:

For anyone who loves and understands cats...a fantasy of epic proportions in the vein of "Watership Down."

So I say: Anybody here like cats and like to read?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I was at the library yesterday and found the ultimate book to read if you happen to like cats. It is "Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams. This book is about cats and told from the cat's prespective. There are some real cool cats on the front and the back states:

Williams understanding of the nuances of feline behavior and psychology, as well as his riveting storytelling and memorable characters make the book a classic of its genre. - Cat Fancy Magazine.

It also says:

For anyone who loves and understands cats...a fantasy of epic proportions in the vein of "Watership Down."

I do! I do! Sounds like a great book!! Hope I can get a copy & get the time to read it. Excellent suggestion

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

It also says:

Oh, I read Tailchaser's Song! I loved it! I must have loaned it out because it's nowhere to be found. BTW, I also read Watership Down a few years ago. That was one of my favorite books!
I still have that one, I might read it again since my memory is only good for about 100 books. .. like my computer, I think I need more memory

alexaandlily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love that book about dewey!It's where the boy/girl rubbed his fur the wrong way!I'd prefer the Little house on the prairie series,Cronicles of Narnia books,and the Hardy Boys series myself.I don't really like the nancy drew books.The Hardy Boys are my favorite ones besides the Cronicles of Narnia books.Was I helpful any?