Kiwi has cystitis :( (bladder probs)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband noticed earlier that Kiwis testicles seemed swollen, so of course that got me all concerned.

Kiwi is such a good sport.... I played with his belly and (ahem ) checked to see if anything hurt, and got nothing from him... He actually went to the box and had a pee after I was done poking and prodding him.

So I can't tell if they are indeed swollen....and if they are, does anyone know if the cystitis can cause swollen testicles?

It could also be his age. He's 7mos, maybe he's becoming mature.... or it could be PPS (panicky parent syndrome) and I'm only thinking they might be swollen because I'm already worried about him and hubby suggested it.

He's eating, and peeing..... and no blood in the urine that I've found (which is what my vet said to watch for).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris, our boys were all neutered as soon as their first tooth fell out - so around 4 months old. I'm sorry - but I have no idea if swollen testicles could happen from cystitis. ...but I don't think so. If he didn't complain about being poked & prodded, it would seem nothing's too sensitive - so perhaps its PPS? (Which I love BTW!
). Is the vet open any hours Saturday? Can you call and ask?