Kitty with diarrhea

lisaTigerlily&Jasper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hellooo!!! I am brand new to this site (as far as registering and posting) but have come across it so often when searching for answers on how to help my baby sweetie that I finally became a member. I’ve literally never registered for a blog or forum of any kind before so I’m a bit unclear as to how to or where to post my first query. The issue is with my Tigerlily and having diarrhea for going on like at least 3 months now. She’s almost 17 and has been in exceptional health (wild kitten-like energy, 2 full blood panels in the past three years- most recent was 2/7/22, thyroid check & a stool sample at same appt which came back negative for anything they checked for) until I switched both hers and Jasper’s food about 9 months ago. I was mindful of switching slowly, I thought, but she has now ended up with chronic diarrhea. At first she was just tooting a whole lot which I’m so freaking annoyed with myself for not taking more seriously. Like, cats don’t just toot and hers were wicked stinky. But like an arse, I just giggled at them. Yes. I feel like an absolute idiot. Thanks so much in advance and I’m so thankful just for this site. xoxo

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! 9 months is a long time for a food change to cause a problem - but that would essentially equate to 6 months since Tigerlily has been experiencing diarrhea for 3 months. So, if the 'tooting' started shortly after the food change, the food would seem to be the most likely culprit. And it has simply now taken it to another level of gastric/digestive issues for Tigerlily. At the age of 17, just about anything could cause a change, but it might be worth it if you can go back to what you were feeding her before - and, kind of start all over again.