Kitty Tree with a Large Rim on Nest

fisheater

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm shopping for a kitty tree for my huge Maine Coon. He's still a kitten now, at about 12-13 lbs. The vet is predicting he will be full grown at 20-25 lbs. So he is gonna be a real big guy.

We currently have a small 3' tall cat tree with a nest on the top which he absolutely loves. So I'm specifically shopping for a cat tree with a nice kitty nest at the top.

As I'm shopping around for kitty trees, I'm noticing that all of the nests on the kitty trees, well, the rims seem to be really low. I'm afraid that a big sleeping cat sleeping 5-6 feet off the ground could fall out and hurt himself. I've only found just a couple cat trees that have a good sized rim on the nests, but I can't find a nest with a good rim in the larger cat trees. I really like the design of the Armarkat trees, but every single one of those have really low rims on their nests so I don't think those are going to work for us.

Does anyone know who sells cat trees with a good sized rim on the kitty nests so my huge Maine Coon doesn't fall out and hurt himself?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could customize the top nest with a rim of the height you want.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen these at a cat show, with two MCs sitting on one disc so they are made for bigger cats, they are not as 'house looking' as some cat trees, but the cats at the cat show were all over them. He also does custom work, but when I first met him I had a 25+lb cat and I remember thinking it would easily fit him

I have heard good things about these ones too
http://www.cattreefurniture.com/cattreefurniture

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I like the saucer shape of the shelves! Pricey, though
Its a Canadian manufacturer, everything is more expensive up here.

They are very well made though, considering petstore cheaply made trees are similar prices here, I know what I would buy

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lovely trees gave me some great ideas ...