Kitty the mouse murderer

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I won't have a cat flap. And why Rocket is either an outdoor cat or an indoor cat. He's not going to be going in and out. Which is what he'd like to do, of course, dragging his catch into the house. You don't really realize how messy that can be until you've confined him to dispatching his catch on a concrete garage floor. Then it's easy to see all the blood and guts that would have ended up on the carpet if I had a cat flap.

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today my newly adopted cat Harry brought me a present.

It was a dead rodent (I think it was a mole). I had the front door open a cats-width so that the cats could go in and out, and here comes Harry strutting in with something in his mouth. Since he came from outside, I knew it wasn't a toy. Luckily, when he's got a "prize" (up until now, a toy), he takes it down to the basement, which he did this time as well, heading straight from the front door to the stairs. I followed him down, and yup, it was a rodent and it was dead as a doornail. I picked it up with the litterbox scoop, and brought it out into the garage and dumped it into the trash can.

Not that this is the first time I've dealt with such "presents" from my kitties.

My RB cat Rascal was quite the hunter. For a while we were living in a house with a cat flap, and let me tell you, he brought in all kinds of things, dead and alive. Mice, moles, other rodents. Frogs, snakes, birds, a baby rabbit. One time, he brought in a bird when I was out (at work, I think) and left it on the floor. My housemates had a dog, who found it in my room and apparently tore it to shreds. By the time I got home, my housemates had cleaned it up and there was just a large wet area on my carpet. Apparently it was quite a mess, with blood and feathers everywhere. I guess I'm glad I didn't see that.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mystyc is my mouse killer. She leaves us our 'gifts' at the bottom of the steps outside. I would rather she be inside, but she KNOWS what she wants and it is out when she says MEEEEOUT. She loves her hunts. At least she tries to help provide for the family, eh?