kitty sneezes

kerosine13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our two new kittens, which we think are around 12 weeks old, tend to have the sneezes. I figured this was normal, but they do sneeze a lot, and actual snot comes out, yuk! They seem to be gagging on hairballs a lot, which I also thought was normal because they are fuzzy kitties. They are going in to the vet soon, but in the meantime I thought I'd check in with you all!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like the start of upper respitory infection. It would be a wise thing to take them to the vet, as you stated you will be doing. He will start them on antibiotic and they will be on the road to recovery soon. By the way, we love new photos of little furballs!

jason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take them to the vet NOW. I'm goin thru that with my two kittens right now. The sooner they start the meds the better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kerosine13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitties are headed to the vet tomorrow.
I'm curious though, a respiratory infection must be more than just a cold... I'm wondering if it is bacterial or viral, in which case wouldn't antibiotics be ineffective? I guess I'll find this out when I talk to the vet tomorrow! Thanks for the replies!

mtnbikerchk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got our kittens from the Humane Society and they said that there was a good chance they'd get an upper respiratory infection because of the environment they were in.

Luckily, they seem to be fine.

They do sneeze a little (they've been to the vet and they are fine) - but it's either 1. I don't dust often or 2. they have "change of season" allergies like their mom

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Cooper sneezes in the morning a lot!

We took her to the vet, she does not have an URI, the vet said it might be the carpet fibers. (Cooper likes to sleep under the bed)

The vet suggested that we vacume every other day, and watch her... if she starts to sneeze more to bring her in again...