Kitty sleeps on face?

runawayrisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very interested to find out if any other kitties out there act the same as my little girl does. She jumps on the bed to sleep with me every night, while her brother goes to my boyfriend. It's all fine and dandy until she walks up and sticks her little booty in my face with her tail up like that's gonna be a good spot to cuddle. Not so much! lol Is she trying to mark me or something? It's reaally annoying but I love her to death!! She will get up and constantly change spots, though, which keeps me awake and tired the next day. Would appreciate any input! Thanks!

boni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have the same problem with my kitties!!! my Boni who looks just like your kitty will sleep right by my head or craddled in my neck and shoves her face in mine.... how ever my other kitty Della loves to sleep on my face or she will head butt me then turn to sit on my face (at least try to sit) this happens everyday at 3am that i have her strattling my face...

This has been going on for almost a year!!!! i love my kitties though, i just move them back and forth since they think its a game to have their butts in my face. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

runawayrisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not gonna lie, that sounds hilarious!!! Not so much at 3 am, though, I hear ya! :p

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We once had a cat that just loved Dottie to death. He wanted to sleep wrapped around her head, and he'd wake her up any time of the night licking her hair. She finally had to sleep with a hairnet on.

But he died young (only about 6 years old) from a stroke, and she would have given anything to have him back in her hair after that.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butt in the face is what cats do best. I've even seen several comics about it - so everyone with a cat experiences this.

I have one that has to tuck in beside me, sometimes that means he sleeps on my shoulder.. butt facing me.
Another sleeps right beside my pillow, she can be turned either way. And the third tries to smoother me at some point nearly every night before settling on a pillow specially placed for him above the one I use. He tries to eat my hair, too... maybe that's why he's getting hairballs lately
(joking, I wake up and tuck my hair out of his reach when he starts that).

bean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eyvan feels the need to sleep right beside my head which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't also feel the need to fall asleep purring up my nose. I think he's a great cat but I'd really like to breathe my own air! If I turn my head to face the other way he gets up, walks over my face and lays on the other side.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read that when they turn their backs to you, it really means that they trust you implicitly - i.e., you've got their back, and they're keeping an eye out for anything harmful coming from the other direction. But, yeah, I get the bum in the face quite a bit myself, so I certainly hope it's true!

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eyvan feels the need to sleep right beside my head which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't also feel the need to fall asleep purring up my nose. I think he's a great cat but I'd really like to breathe my own air! If I turn my head to face the other way he gets up, walks over my face and lays on the other side.
Yep, that's my Cuddles, as well. He also feels the need to give me Eskimo kisses all the time, which is cute, unless he's got a drippy nose from playing outside in the cold. Yuck.

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bean

Eyvan feels the need to sleep right beside my head which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't also feel the need to fall asleep purring up my nose.
That is adorable (you may not think so), but it is still adorable.