kitty poop

BrianCulp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just took my kitty in cuz she had an ear infection, drippy eyes, and one red eye.they gae me zydaclin for it. i also noticed she was havng really hard rocky marble size poops. so they also expressed her anal glands. they also did bloodwork and found out she has a thyroid condition. i was told that is common in older kitties and now she has to take a little pill twice a day. ALL OF THIS IS GOING WELL, but now she doesnt seem to be pooping AT ALL. theres a couple little runny drippy poops in her box, but no where what should be there with what she is eating. she eats two cans of wet food a day plus dry food to much on and i give her a couple treats a day. today she didnt really seem to want to wake up. she seems ok, ate this morning, and is resting on the porch. she likes the porch, but its only in the 40s. my vet isnt in until tomorrow.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think it would hurt to try a little bit of Miralax until you can talk to the vet. Give her 1/8 tsp mixed with a bit of water, which then can be added to some food just to help with getting her to ingest it. You could repeat that again in about 12 hours. It normally can take a day or two to help, but with any luck she might get results quicker than that.

Given the runny stool, I would be worried that she may be somewhat obstructed. So, definitely get in touch with the vet as soon as they open - even if it seems the Miralax is helping.