Kitty Mansions Cat trees

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
What is the covering on the cat areas? Are they easy to vacuum/delint? I've got crappy fake fleece ones. I've been trying to recover one with carpet but I'm thinking my days of diy are over.
These trees are covered in a faux fur type material. It is waaaaay easier to clean than faux fleece/carpet. I detest carpet/fleece on cat trees and have vowed to never again purchase a tree with one of those materials, regardless of who makes it or if I love the design/concept of the tree.

The faux fur is even easy to clean vomit off of and doesn't leave stains like fleece does.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I removed the fake fleece on the one cat tree to recover it and it was nasty. I've been trying to recover with carpet and I think I'm just going to need to just buy a nice one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I removed the fake fleece on the one cat tree to recover it and it was nasty. I've been trying to recover with carpet and I think I'm just going to need to just buy a nice one.
Well, if you do decide to go with a tree from Kitty mansions, they offer a discount for simply liking their page on Facebook. Doing that alone saved me an extra $20.

IMO their trees are definitely worth the money. I have only had mine for a few days but when I was putting it together I could really tell that it was a quality product.

Also, I understand your struggle with the fleece/carpet covered cat trees. The old one we had from petco only lasted 2 years, and when we took the "house" off of one of the platforms you could really tell just how dirty that thing was, because you could see the clean white fleece where the house had been, and the rest of the platform was tan with dirt, even though we vacuumed it a lot.

We also have a tiny carpeted scratching post with a little round cave type thing on it. And today, just by raking my fingers through the carpet on it, I wound up with a massive handfull of cat hair that the vacuum apparently couldn't pick up.