Kitty loves the smell of two weird things

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Claydust

The next time they encountered a potatoe, there was zero interest in it; there is no telling what will grab their attention, sometimes, IMHO.
I see you belong to the Dan Quayle school of spelling!

My bet on the potato is that the dirt it was in had some smell the cats were interested in.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

These two things she loves. Catnip - not yet. Any ideas as to why she's attracted to these two things?
Cats seem to get interested in catnip about the time they reach 6 months of age, which also coincides with sexual maturity. My bet is that there is some connection there.

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I see you belong to the Dan Quayle school of spelling!
Well, if I am going to be graded on my spelling, there will be lots more oportunitiues, spelling is not one of my strong points.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just teasing. Actually, many don't know two important facts:

1. Potatoe is an accepted alternate spelling.

2. That's how the teacher had it spelled on her flash card.

There is no more treacherous trap than spelling in English, due to the varied sources of our our words. Heaven knows it's been the subject of many comedians' routines!

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, I was having flashbacks of being teased at school by teachers and other students over it, even though that was decades ago. School in the 1960's was not kind to dyslexics. Also, I don't follow U.S. politics, so I am not familiar with the Dan Q. quote.

Anyway, I guess the "e" goes in when it is plural and gets dropped when it is used singularily. Spell check on WORD, EXCEL and Office Outlook is a good thing, these days

As far as odors and cats go, we had a cat at one time that used to continuously go after one friend when he came over to visit. She used to uncharateristically atack his hands, she was normally quite gentle.

He used snuff and that was what the attraction was, the other cat we had at the time was not the least bit interested.