Kitty Litter Help... Need to try something new.

illusionone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i use that, too - it's a bit dusty, but clumps fairly well, & comes in an unscented formula.
for superior clumping, i like Scoop Away, but i can't find the unscented formula locally, & i don't like the scented ones.
I never really noticed the dust, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Cali is my first cat so I really wouldn't have know if it was over dusty or just normal. That said, it must not bother me if it is dusty
. I will say that it clumps really well and I am more than happy with it.

The next time I change the litter I will pay attention and see what I have been overlooking all these years lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im thinking my bf got carried away with the arm and hammer deoderizer because there are dusty paw prints all over the place... My kitties smell like the deoderizer. I said a sprinkle but Im not sure what he defines as sprinkle. Is the deoderizer safe for kitties to inhale or lick from their paws or fur? Other than that I noticed the litter smell is much better.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Im thinking my bf got carried away with the arm and hammer deoderizer because there are dusty paw prints all over the place... My kitties smell like the deoderizer. I said a sprinkle but Im not sure what he defines as sprinkle. Is the deoderizer safe for kitties to inhale or lick from their paws or fur? Other than that I noticed the litter smell is much better.
I prefer plain old Baking Soda if I'm going to use a deodorizer. The Arm & Hammer deodorizer sets of sneezing fits for me.
I don't think the deodorizer is unsafe, but you might have to have a chat with him about moderation.