Kitty-kids love the new noisy toy... I want to kill it.

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, since Hades likes putting his pom poms in any available box and batting them around, I've been figuring that head love one of this ball puzzle toys. So I got him one. He loves it! But it came with a ball that is motion activated... and chirps like a bird... It comes out, but the kitty-kids adore it. Neither Rune nor I can stand it. It's got another ball which doesn't come out. Can I kill the chirpy bird by removing the batteries? Or should I just let the kids have it for a certain amount of time each day?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah; another problem furry and fur-less parents share!  

I have been known to hide my kids toys.  Like a certain piano that meows and is currently behind a tote in the coat closet.  
  But I don't think I've ever had to hide a cat toy like that.  I do keep things like DaBird and the Cat Dancer up on a closed closet shelf. So I suppose taking it away at night or certain times would be ok.  It may even help him retain interest in it!  I would just be afraid that if you take the fun noise part away; they'll be less satisfied with it. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

This video shows why they love it and I hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a fuzzy mouse toy with an electronic squeaker inside.  Casper likes it!

When he started playing with it at all hours, I heard it and said, "I think we've created a monster!"

Fortunately, Girl-human thinks its cute and funny.  Years ago, when I was in college, I worked at F.A.O Schwarz, the famous toy store where the sound of toys, games, music and all kinds of electronic gizmos could be heard continuously.  It wasn't very long before I got deaf to the sound.  Now, decades later, I have a kind of "super power."  I can tune out those kinds of sounds, instantly.

Dogs barking...kids playing...all kinds of music and sounds...  It all rolls right off!

Just relax and let your kitty have a little fun.  After a while, you probably won't even hear the sound. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would probably have to save that for supervised play so Noodles wouldn't eat the feathers off it! 

You might tune it out after a while like Caspers Human suggests (totally jealous of that noise tuning out skill btw). But I think it would be ok to put it away at times; regular or not.  I suppose you could even put it out only when you go to work so he has something special while you are gone.