Kitty Isn't Eating After Move

rbianchi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all,

I moved this past Saturday and I think my kitty Tigger is having a rough time adjusting. She seems to be acting normal and playing but she won't eat any of her dry kibble. Back at my old house she would eat about 1/2 a cup of dry food and a quarter can of wet food a day. But she really won't touch her dry food (more or less picks at it) but she had been eating about a 1/3-1/2 a can of wet food along with some treats. Idk if I should be worried or if this is just her way of adjusting. I just hope my baby is okay. Please share any opinions or thoughts on this.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello rbianchi, your kitty is just adjusting to the new environment and is probably exited about it. But it's good that she is eating her wet food.

Once she is more or less settled down, she should be eating again. Don't worry :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rbianchi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Sometimes it's just nice to hear another person say it. I'm hoping she is smart enough to not starve herself.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you! Sometimes it's just nice to hear another person say it. I'm hoping she is smart enough to not starve herself.
You are welcomed :wink:

As long as you still have all her toys and stuffs in the new place should be ok. At least she still have her own familiar scents. Just spread some of her toys and blankets all over the house so that she'll feel at home and don't have to take so long to readjust.

rbianchi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do however I'm wondering if the adjustment has to do with her new living arrangement. At my old house (my parents) I didn't let her roam free but instead kept her locked up in my room because she had pica (she eats EVERYTHING). But now that I have control over my entire living area I have been able to let her free when I am home.

rbianchi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your feedback. She did finally decide to eat some of her kibble today. Hopefully we can expect a full recovery from the move.