*****Kitty is at peace*****

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linny, that is a touching pic of your beautiful girl. She looks so comfie there, bless her heart. As for the people at your work, unfortunately, people are often worried about saying the wrong thing--which means they don't usually say anything at all. It's too bad, though, because a heartfelt statement can really help.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Linny that pic is precious.

Im so glad Maisie is coming out more and more.
Hugs to you Linny

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we don't know each other well, and we have never met, but I wanted to add my sympathy to this beautiful list of good wishes and love for you and for Kitty
and Maisie.

I read the whole thread about what happened to Kitty, and two or three times I went to post my wishes that everything would be okay and I couldn't, because it was too sad. And now I have read all the beautiful words that everyone else has said, and I wanted to let you know that I think you are a wonderful person and you loved Kitty very much. There are so many people in the world who don't care about anything, especially not the depth of caring you have for Kitty.

I think you are very brave to take on the pain yourself and let Kitty pass on over the Bridge where he is no longer in pain, and can watch over you and Maisie and be happy. He will always be with you!

Many
and
for you and Kitty and Maisie. I am so happy to see her exploring your flat and comforting you through this difficult time.

RIP
Kitty.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think alot of us would admit to watching the odd jeremy kyle show, if only to wonder at how nuts some people are!

linny it's great to see maisie becoming more confident in the flat. i do realise it is tinged with sadness as after janet passed, tabitha soon realised her days of being chased were over and almost overnight, began spending far more time indoors. i think you understand the mix of emotions i felt about that!

but things change and you and maisie have entered a new chapter with kitty taking a different role in your lives.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww look at that little muffin!. She looks better on the bigger screen
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

They said, no, they knew how much I loved Kitty and they decided it was better not to say anything because they couldn`t change anything
Linny i think when people are like that, it's not that they don't care, it's because they don't know what to say, especially if they don't have pets of their own, but it does hurt

When my dad died, my old neighbour told me weeks later how she locked herself out and saw me and my husband drive up the street in the car. She hid because she didn't know what to say, but if only she knew how much that hurt me. I didn't want her saying any long speeches, just a simple "Are you ok?!" would have done

Originally Posted by Jaffacake

I keep remembering odd things he liked like he liked to be tucked under my arm like a set of bagpipes
Awwwwwww

Originally Posted by tab

i think alot of us would admit to watching the odd jeremy kyle show, if only to wonder at how nuts some people are!
Add me to that list. I love laughing at them airing their dirty laundry in public which makes them look so stupid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to collect Kittys ashes on thursday. I`m so glad I had him cremated now because I can keep him near me and a friend joked to me that we could be buried together when the time comes which I thought was a great idea

Here`s Kittys casket. Isn`t it sweet?

This is the place where he goes. But I keep him by me a lot and put him on the sofa when I go to work because that`s were he would be. I`ll stop doing it, it`s just a comfort thing and he`s next to me now.

Maisie is having the best time ever, I think. She`s become quite adventerous and a little clingy. Her idea of a wake up call was throwing up on the end of my bed this morning

Still trying to get organised and move my stuff back into the bedroom. I tried moving stuff today but it just feels like I`m saying to Kitty that I`m over him and I`ve moved on
Must be the only person who can cry over moving clothes

( Maisie watches Jeremy Kyle with me now
Kitty actually used to watch it till he got bored and fell asleep. Maisie just likes to climb on me while Jeremy wheels out his over used catch phrases. )

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty's casket is lovely. You have it set up in a very beautiful setting. I think having it buried with you some day is a great idea. My brother died in March and he had the cremation caskets for his 3 dogs that he wanted buried with him, they said no problem.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
linny when janet passed away i swopped bedrooms. it just hurt too much to be in there without him. i think we just have to do what feels right at that time.

i love kitty's casket.
it must be such a comfort to you.

maisie sounds like she is becoming a real JK fan!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you

I just had to share this with you all. It`s taken ages to upload pics to photobucket and there were others but I`ll probably post them later in fur pics of Maisie but yesterday, I was on the computer in my bedroom (cupboard
) with Kitty next to me by the pillow and Maisie was sleeping further down.
Then she woke up and positioned herself like this

She was sleeping like that for quite a while until I could resist the urge to reach for the phone no longer. I just had to get a picture.

I think she knows. She was cuddled up to him earlier on the sofa.
( I just thought, I hope you can see but she has her paw on his casket )

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have read your threads re: Kitty from start to finish. I have laughed, I have certainly cried (been there, done that, too), I have listened to the music.

Amazing how some folks don't get how these pets are members of the family, huh?

I am glad you and Maisie are doing better. The pain will slowly ease, but, oh, we never, ever forget them. I believe I've lost ten or so since my childhood, and I still miss them all, and remember special things about each one.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

And now, as I am a cable subscriber (versus satelite) from all the way across the pond, who the heck is Jeremy Kyle? Is he the British version of Jerry Springer? Just wondering...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by threecatowner

who the heck is Jeremy Kyle? Is he the British version of Jerry Springer?
Yes, only they don't flash their boobs on the stage
There still disfunctional people that go on the show though

Linny that picture is so precious, and cats just have this amazing sense, so Maisie knows Kitty's in there alright

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linny, the pictures of Kitty's casket and shrine are very touching, and the pic of Maisie cuddling up to Kitty brought tears to my eyes. Just take it slowly and do what feels right to you. Grieving is a long, circuitous process, and there is no one way to do it. My continue thoughts and well wishes go out to you, Kitty, and Maisie.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Linny, the pictures of Kitty's casket and shrine are very touching, and the pic of Maisie cuddling up to Kitty brought tears to my eyes.
me too. that's one of the sweetest things i have ever seen.