Kitty eye color?!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like a typical tabby to me :) How old is he? His eye color can change as he gets older.. they look like kitten blue eyes for now

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a very striking kitten.  Looks like very rich color!   a very dark "brown tabby" .  Genetically that is really a black tabby.  a black cat with a gene that makes  a tabby pattern show.  but the lighter part of the pattern often ends up looking brownish so they are traditionally called  brown tabbies. 

To see what kind of tabby pattern  we need to see the kitten from the side view with the body  stretched out.    It's mostly on their sides  that the pattern differs depending whether it is mackerel, ( or broken mackerel)  or classic or  spotted or ticked .   The name of the kind of tabby pattern goes before the word " tabby" .  so for example "Brown Mackerel Tabby."  

And looks like some very light colored undercoat going on.   If you part the fur,  is it white at the roots?  

As Draco says,  the eye color is the blue of young kittens.  All kittens start out with dark blue eyes . then they gradually change to the adult color.  They'll probably end up green or gold. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It has white stripes take more pics later! It's personality very good as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belovedkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sadly today it went under porch an doesn't want to come out! This enough!?

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That kitten is so darn cute.  I hope you were able to coax it out from under the porch and can give it some good food and water...   and get it to a vet for shots and deworming.  

and of course love and socialization.  

I was wondering if it might be a silver tabby.  It can be hard to tell with the random-bred kitties.   it has a lot of the dark part of the tabby pattern,  whatever it is.   Makes a very cool looking kitten.