Kitty Diagnosed With Oral Mass

kattiekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

It's been awhile, but I've been dealing with some mouth issues in my older cat, Katie. She was drooling and we thought it was a tooth issue but she has a mass under tongue. Vet thinks it is squamous cell carcinoma. We had already decided not to do chemo or radiation due to her other health issues and I wasn't going to put her through a radical surgery either. It isn't too large yet, but far enough back that the vet wouldn't be able to get complete margins which may cause it to grow back more aggressively. Anyways it's pretty much palliative care as she is still in pretty good spirits purring and head bumping me. She isn't grooming much but I'm trying to keep her clean as I can. She is still eating her food though I hand feed most of it. She is on RadCat raw with vets approval. I'm interested in going one step further and maybe do a ketogenic diet. Can't find too much info for cats though a ton for dogs. What do you guys think? Rad cat is low carb but not keto. Not sure if it would help but I'm willing to try if it will. We have pain meds if needed and I won't let her suffer. I just don't want to sit and do nothing though:-(

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your Katie, your situation wakes my memories up, because my cat had the same oral mass under tongue a bit more than a year ago.
But I chose to follow the chemo and radiation therapy...
There isn't much that I can do or say, apart that it will be a very hard path. Follow any advice from your vet and love Katie every single second of her life, though I'm sure you're already doing it.
I'm so sorry :(