Mom to Moose, Squirrel, Dougie, Betty and Ferals
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd been following your thread and am very, very sorry to hear about Merlin. He was very lucky to have been your cat, MerlinsMom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlinsmom

Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you

sabycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,  So sorry to hear of your kitty having asthma. 

I was wondering what method they used to diagnose your kitty?  My vet  suspects asthma in my cat and said he thought he should get on inhalers.  I'm wondering what the cost of inhalers are as well. ??

Thanks..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlinsmom

Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty was diagnosed by xray, differential diagnosis(symptoms) and eventually a CT.  The inhalers are pretty expensive depending on the type you get.  My kitty didn't respond to treatment however and passed in April.  This thread is pretty old.  However, many kitties do quite well on asthma meds.  My kitty was pretty old and I think his had progressed to the point he just wasn't able to get any better.

Your local walmart, etc can give you prices on the inhalers.  I really can't recall.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
merlinsmom merlinsmom I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: We do normally lock threads after a cat has passed and I will do that now.

sabycat sabycat Please do start your own thread here in the Health forum. :) We have many members that have experience with feline asthma and I'm sure you will get some good advice. :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.