Kitty Cuisine

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, he's quite a little podge! I'm not sure exactly how much he weighs (he never stays on the scales long enough!) but Im pretty sure its as much as a small dog! I don't think I could pick him up one handed! - The funniest was when he had just been "altered" (much to his manly disgust!) - he PILED on the weight! His face was like a pumpkin not ot mention his tummy! hee hee! Now, thankfully he's slimmed off a bit, but hes still a very nice armful! (Mummy feeds him well....)

:laughing:

o&p

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Debby and Cleo-that is so funny that your cats won't eat off the ground. My cat Oreo is exactly the opposite. He will scoop his dry food out of the bowl with his paw and then eat them off the floor!! At first I thought something was wrong w/ his food bowl so I got him a new one, but he still does it. We even have a game where I toss the kitty treat somewhere in the room and my kitties scramble to find it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2
I am so glad I started this thread! I never thought I, or anyone else, would have so much fun with it! :LOL:

Lily has developed a new quirk lately too.

When she eats, she goes to her bowl, takes a few nibbles
then over to Cagneys bowl, a few nibbles...back and forth until she's full
It's the same food, but I think she feels like maybe there's something better in Cagneys dish?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence?

Cleo

michelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Sasha does that, too. She'll decide she's hungry, scoop her food onto the floor, then eat it. and, if I spill any food when I feed her, she always goes for the stuff on the floor first. I'm starting to think getting her a new food bowl wold be pretty pointless.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Tonya likes to scoop kibbles out of the bowl and onto the place mat before eating them. Micheala favors taking a big mouthful of kibbles and retreating to a point several feet away, dropping the kibbles on the floor and then consuming them. I've thought about trying those two methods myself with human food, but people might talk and thus harm my sensitive nature.

=^..^=

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Merlin is being a spoiled brat again!!! :laughing: :laughing:

I usually buy him a certain brand of cat food, in a 3 lb bag, it is his "special" food..because the outside cats get a 20 lb bag of "walmart" brand cat food....which they are perfectly happy with (special kitty)

Anyway....since Merlin is my baby...
I usually buy him this stuff that has crunchy outside, and soft middles...and he just loves it!
So this week I decided to try a little cheaper brand...(never again)
I put it in his bowl, he eagerly went to it, as he always does at feeding time......stopped....sniffed it...then looked up at me. Then he walked away.
No matter how hungry he is, he refuses to eat the cheapo cat food, which the outside cats would probably consider a gourmet feast!!!!!!!!!!
Talk about spoiled rotten!!!!!!!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes! The age-old problem of fussy palates! Well, the veterenarians at one veterinary where I worked years ago had a saying: "There is no record of an animal's skeleton being found in proximity to a full food bowl."

=^..^=

amanda

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat Bagpuss is rather fussy, she like s human food but the regular stuff like chicken, fish and steak. Jake on the other hand - if I eat it then he eats it. Pizza, tomatoes, toast - he loves to have toast and tea with me in the mornings. Spaghetti bolognaise, roast dinners with gravy - I could go on but basically he eats anything I eat!!!!!

lisayi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I swear I have one of the strangest cats in the world. He knows his dinner time and promptly lets us know when it's his dinner time. However he won't eat when we feed him. He needs to wait at least an hour before he will come back and eat. It's as if he just wants to know it's there! Also he totally refuses and human or cat treats. I have tried them all. Never met a cat who wouldn't eat anything. I've tried fish, seafood, beef, chicken, pork, cheese, milk, even the store bought cat treats. He refuses to touch anything except his cat food. I guess i'm not really complaining, I just thought it was weird.

Lisa