Kitty Bully

kisami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would love some fellow cat lover advice because I am at my wits end. I have 4 cats ages 7 (female) & then males- age 6, 3 & 7 months. All spayed/neutered & indoor.

The problem is with my 7 month old named Kit, he is the sweetest little guy to us but to the other cats he is a terror. It has become a nightmare.

He has the most energy out of any kitten I have ever owned lol. He was a stray & I think it made him a bit more wild. Even though when we got him I figured him to be about 6 weeks old. His age is a complete guess really. When we got him he was itty bitty tiny and the vet guessed the age of his sister stray that a friend took. When I just recently took him to the vet she thought he was over a year by his size but said she could be wrong and he might just end up being a very large cat or that he was just stunted as a baby from being a stray.

To begin with none of my cats have ever really played together. They all pretty much ignored each other and seem to much prefer playing/being with us then each other.

Kit loves to play nonstop with them. he constantly is chasing the other cats. Sometimes my other two boys will even chase him back, my 6 year old will not wrestle at all with him but my 3 year old will.

I want to say ok he is just trying to play but a large amount of the time he is just going all out jumping on them and not backing off until I literally have to pull him away. He will also trap them in corners or on top of things and keep attempting to smack them not backing off. The biggest issue is that it includes alot of biting & scratching. He has left some nasty cuts on mostly my girl cat who he picks on the most as she is the pushover and my 3 year old. We even trimmed his nails which helped some what but he is still biting.

it is really bad when he decides to annoy them when they are trying to use the litterbox or eat/drink.

It is causing alot of stress in the house for all the kitties and us as well. Having to hear the hissing/growling, cats running all over and knocking stuff over or trying to run to us and we get in the crossfire. And it is happening so often that it is ruining my time spent with the other cats, I have one trying to snuggle in bed with me and he comes and starts a fight...

1. I have tried just leaving them alone to work it out hoping they will stand up to him and work it out themselves and that just seems to have the other cats terrorized. My two oldest just won't do anything back. Keeba my 6 yo is great at running away and avoiding it for the most part. My girl though (Kisa) just is not that way and will just lay there being sad and take it and then smack him but he doesn't care. She pretty much tries to avoid him at all times and it doesn't work.

2. I have tried making loud noises to get their attention and stop it and he straight ignores it lol A spray bottle will work for the moment.

3. He is a spoiled cat with more toys then any cat could ever want. My apartment is filled with cat toys lol I also give him a ton of attention, I work from home and play with him full on running all over the place several times a day. The most I possibly can give him. Thinking I can wear him out and then he will leave them alone but it hasn't worked.

4. I have lots of places in the apartment for each cat. He has his own spots as well so they are not fighting over spaces type of thing.

Now he has just been neutered at the beginning of this month. So perhaps it will take some time before he calms down? My other boys didn't have this issue so it is kindof new to me lol. if that is the case does anyone know how long it might take?

I would love any advice on what I can do to prevent it or how I should react or what I can do for the other kitties?

Thanks a ton

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kit is much like my Kuro. Very naughty with too much energy which goes to terrorizing his siblings. 
 My older cats though have successfully put him in his place when dealing with him, thank God. 

Have you tried disciplining him like a mama cat. Hiss, blow on his face, stare. It works on my Kuro. 
 Fortunately, Kuro is outgrowing his naughtiness and has been behaving. I think Kit will too. 

hetkermar62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i sympathise i have the exact same problem one newly neutered three year old male( a recent addition to the house) and two spayed females also three. The male is doing alot of what your bully is doing, I decided to train him and the solution i have come up with to get his attention is this- I am serious here,- There are innuit throght singers , my daughter found it on you tube,/. basically the singing is done from the very back of the throte sounding like a digereedoo , I was practising for a laugh when i noticed my male cat was not exactly crazy about the noise so i started using it whenever i see him about to pounce and it really does grab his attention. The other two are also quite interested in the sound but I do it particularly loudly when m lad is misbehaving and i direct my face towards him with a fierce look in my eye. He is not at all scared of me but the sound he finds alarming. Anyway suck it n see good luck