kitty behavior

lovemykitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I just have a quick question.

I'm cat sitting for my sister. She has 2 cats. Clarence, who is about five, he's an adorable long haired Russian Blue, and Mobil, she's about a year and a half, tuxedo kitty. These two get along great, mostly.

But I could not leave my kitty, Maynard, alone for the whole time I was away!! So, he's here with us. He is about 10 months old, also a tuxedo kitty.

At first, Mobil and Clarence did not get along with Maynard at all. Now, it's only Clarence who is not getting along with him, so I'm guessing that is the whole Alpha-male thing. Clarence just hisses a little whenever Maynard gets too close, so Maynard pretty much stays away now. But does that happen even though they are both nuetered?

Next thing..... Mobile is not spayed, but she's not in heat right now. She and Maynard are playing a little oddly, where he will jump at her from behind, and pin her down. When he does this, I'm not sure if he is licking her, or biting near her neck. She isn't hurt at all, and lets him do it for a couple second before she flips over and pulls away. There is no hissing or angry sounds or movements. Are they just playing? Is this a male/female thing?? Is he just throwing around his weight? Mobil is a very little cat, and Maynard, even though he's younger, is MUCH bigger than her. What should I do?

Thank you!

-Erin

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Erin they are mating, tis the season- well almost. She could be pretty close to coming in heat and if she does and Maynard is not neutered, I would keep them apart. They are reacting to Maynard because he is new to the group and they have not yet accepted him. These things take time, plus with their owner gone, there is that added stress to deal with. It might be to your advantage to invest in this and plug it in in the room where they are having confrontations.

Feliway Comfort Zone Room Diffuser

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemykitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL!!!! That's what I thought. Don't worry, Maynard's nuetered!!!

Thanks for your help!!

-Erin