Kitty Bed with a Removable Liner

fisheater

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently had to toss out my kitty's bed. My kitty had an episode of diarrhea, got some on his fur and then tracked it to his kitty bed. I washed it, but the foam disintegrated in the washing machine and it no longer holds its shape very well.

So now I'm in the market for a new kitty bed that has a removable liner that can be washed. My local Petco/Petsmart don't really have anything in the store. So I'm asking here hoping for links to a company that makes beds like this so that I can order one online. Thanks for your help!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh ew. Kitty diarrhea is no fun to clean up after.

I make my beds, and the cats mostly sleep on my bed, so I can't suggest a particular bed for you. But, on their beds I use fleece "blankets" - fleece remnants cut down to kitty size that can be easily tossed in the washer when needed. You could take one piece or two and make little fleece blankets similar to the tie together fleece throw blankets. Then drape that across any bed.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to throw a fleece blanket in their beds too, the dollar store has paw print ones that I dont care if they ruin

With the exception of their sofa bed style bed, all of our beds have removable covers, what style does your cat like (mine are fussy about which bed they like)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fisheater

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

But, on their beds I use fleece "blankets" - fleece remnants cut down to kitty size that can be easily tossed in the washer when needed. You could take one piece or two and make little fleece blankets similar to the tie together fleece throw blankets. Then drape that across any bed.
You know I hadn't even thought of that, that's a great idea!

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

what style does your cat like (mine are fussy about which bed they like)
He used to like the round non-covered nest types, but He was outgrowing it and didn't use it much lately, too much spillage over the side I'm guessing. He's a Maine Coone and 13 lbs at still a kitten and growing like a weed. He's gonna be a really big guy so I'm thinking I'm going to get him one of those oval shaped nest type beds that is a little larger than the round one he had so he gets some more room to curl up in with less spillage.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise