Kitty ate some boiled skinless boneless chicken that was left on a plate overnight. Will she be okay?

PandorasPaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I was giving my kitty a treat of some skinless boneless boiled chicken breast yesterday night, and I forgot that I had actually left the plate on the floor overnight. I only remembered when I looked down and saw her eating it, roughly 24 hours later! Is she likely to be okay from this??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi all,

I was giving my kitty a treat of some skinless boneless boiled chicken breast yesterday night, and I forgot that I had actually left the plate on the floor overnight. I only remembered when I looked down and saw her eating it, roughly 24 hours later! Is she likely to be okay from this??
yes, shouldnt be nothing dangerous. :)

Do you mean, it was a little old? cats are less sensitive for bacteria than humans.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PandorasPaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes, shouldnt be nothing dangerous. :)

Do you mean, it was a little old? cats are less sensitive for bacteria than humans.
Yeah, I boiled it the other day (like 2 days ago, I think?) and put it in a container in the fridge. Yesterday night (basically a full 24 hours ago, maybe more) I took a bit out to give her as a treat, but then I forgot about it and left the plate sitting on the floor! It had a couple of pieces left on it. I just caught her red-pawed, having cleaned the whole plate!

Hopefully she will be okay! Thanks for the response!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ My cats get most of the fresh steamed chicken whenever I feel like having some. They would take it off my plate if I'm not careful !! They also get sizzled chicken liver now and then . :catrub: