Kitty ate my earrings!!!

cynbarrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How fast do cats metabolize their food??? 
I'm afraid my Monkey ate a couple of my earrings  
 and I am curious when/if I can expect to see them in her poo...
I left 4 of my earrings out on my night stand overnight and I just went to go put them back in and they weren't there. I checked the floor and I only found 2 of them... 
I am going to watch her behavior very closely the next few days, if she shows any signs of being sick I'm taking her to the vet. And as much as I don't want to, I will be checking her poop too.

When I have them in she would always bite them, but I thought she only did that to wake me up so I would feed her... 

One earring was a cartilage stud and it has flat parts on it, but the other one was a normal lobe stud with the back on, but I am still a little worried, if she did eat it, that it may poke her poor little insides..

Have any of you had a cat eat any of your jewelry?? did you get it back?? lol did it cause any health problems? What kind of behavior can I expect if it starts to make her sick? 

please get back to me soon.. I'm still looking around my room for them! I really hope I do find them there. 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you found them yet...either around the house or in her poop?  
    I would be afraid of that stud poking her too, although cats can eat raw bones, which can have awfully sharp points on them.  I just don't know...think if you haven't found them, I'd at least call my Vet and ask if I should be worried about internal damage.  You said the back was on it though, so probably not much of the stud was actually sticking out. 

Obviously if she starts throwing up and doesn't poop, or any other signs of distress, take her in to be seen.

ramon polo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think your cat will be fine.

My mom put some shoe cleaner on her cat, the cat licked it, and now she's all good lol

I think shoe cleaner is worse that jewelry.

Cats have a strong organism...

But I would still keep an eye on him!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone put shoe cleaner on a cat?? What on earth for?

I would be concerned about the cat swallowing earrings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cynbarrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is an Odd thing to do... lol 
she hasn't be behaving like normal, she been eating and drinking and using her litter box.. I just finished cleaning my room, and no sign of them anywhere :/ 
So my suspicion that she has eaten them has gotten stronger.. 
If she has though I have not found them in her poo (yes, I have been checking :p) and it does not seem to be effecting her at all. 
I am going to continue to keep an eye on her for the next few days and try to find them when she passes them. (not that I want them anymore, I just want to make sure they are not in her tummy).

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway you can call a vet/emergency vet and ask for their opinion? That might help calm some nerves.