kitty approx 8 weeks pregnant.. ADVISE PLEASE :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes now taken the smaller of the kittens behind the sofa.. i cant even see them now :( shes left the other where she nested to begin with..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you move mama kitty and her babies into a cozy, private nest in a corner or closet of your bedroom and close them in the bedroom together? Put mama's food, water, and litter box in the room too. This way she is left alone to feed both kittens in peace and you can just check on them? She doesn't need to be moving the kittens around. She is seeking privacy.

Last edited:

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Were she was before was quiet cosy door was only open slightly shes now moved them into the loudest busiest room in the house. Yes the smaller one first she let it feed then went back and got the the other

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know when she was expecting i tried to do a bit of research so i wasnt completely clueless everything i read said quiet cosy slightly dark, no foot traffic, no drafts..we was only checking on them once an hour to make sure they were all ok. It is best to just leave her where shes comfy or do i need to try and move them..?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she trusts you and the house isn't that busy, i.e. small children and dogs running around, she may want to be closer to you.

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she trusts me she come and got me when she was going into labour and then the next day she kept meowing so i went and sat with her, she picked one of the kitten up and dropped it on my lap. The kittens seem content today so hopefully theyre all well

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as she's happy and nursing the babies I would just leave her for now. Most cats do prefer dark, quiet, and private for the first 3-4 weeks. This is unusual, but if it works for her it's fine. Just keep an eye out for when the kittens begin to crawl around.

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No handsome kitty i can only just about see them yet alone reach them

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone
I was sat on the floor earlier (i was on the phone) and felt trig nudging my foot..turned to see she'd carried a kitten out to show me again only for a few seconds then took it back. Looked very proud of herself :lol3:

coleenntriggz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys ive just found a flea on one of the kittens whats the best way to trat this? Theyre now 10days old and triggie only lets us see them when she brings them out of hiding for about 5 minutes a day

tabbybono

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
on the last litter of kittens we had we had them vet checked at 2 weeks where the used frontline spray on the kittens only a small amount but to be honest we never see any fleas on the kittens