Kitties that shred toilet paper..

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of my girls have gotten into a bad habit of making toilet paper confetti. I keep it in the cabinet, and they don't *usually* mess with the one on the holder. However, they've decided to sneak attack it while I'm unloading the rest of the groceries and supplies. :lol3: Its funny to catch them trying to look innocent in their confetti beds, but it is also a heck of a mess to clean up, especially with both kitties still trying. Just look at these faces! :D
Mew, the white one, is 4 months old, and Kitty, the blue one, is 1.5 years old.
Any tips?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful kitties!

Have you tried a small, plastic box which has a lid that will snap shut or something similar?  The Container Store sells a crazy amount of different boxes.  My thought process being that while it isn't very convenient for those humans who need to use the toilet paper, at least they can't get into it (hopefully).  Maybe if you do this for a month or so they may forget about the roll and find something else to amuse themselves.  

BTW which way to you have the paper going, over or under?  It's much easier for them to play with it if the tissue is over.  When under, even if they start spinning it it's less likely to go everwhere.

Also, it really sounds like they want your attention if it happens usually as you come home from running errands.  Maybe giving them a quick playtime before you unload everything may help too.

Last edited:

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
cats loves toilet paper!!! actually they love any kind of paper, so I let my kittens to play with candy papers and they have plenty of fun. If they mess with the toilet paper hiss at them and they immediately stop, they know hiss means a big NO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Once it makes it to the holder, it is safe. I run into problems while it's still in the bag. :lol3: They're sneaky since i never actually see them do it. I just walk in later and see them sitting in a giant pile of their trophies. :lol3:

katnisskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat does the same and she is 4 months old. I bought a cabinet that sits on the floor and has heavy drawers. I keep the TP in there :)