Kitties Killed By Coyote - And I Feel Guilty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MarinaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
"Apparently killed by a coyote".

I am not sure that there was about a coyote. Not sure at all. If they kill, they eat.

Also, can you spot a coyote prey-sign?

I am not saying it is impossible to be a coyote. I am only saying that I doubt. Check presence of the dogs as well.

+++

For the practical reasons, some recommend planting trees, because the cats can climb but coyotes usually cant. But not all cats like to climb. For instance, mine do not like it at all. And do not underestimate pack-hunting, coyotes have strategies.

+++

I am very sorry you faced the merciless side of the Mother Nature. It is as it is, there is no blame for anybody to obey the basic rules of the nature. As it would be no blame for somebody to exist or to eat meat or to die at a certain moment.

You know, literally million of felines are hunted by other species each ear, in the wilderness. We do not feel sorry for them, and we are not requested to do so. It is the Nature enforcing her laws. It was just by accident the laws were enforced when you were around. You are not the cause, you are not the reason. You are only a Human being there.

Could you keep the cats indoor only? Yes, you can. But Nature can always find a path to do what it has to be done: cats can get ill, they can eat toxic flowers inside and so on. Would have a better life in the shelter? Perhaps not. Kitties need more love than a shelter can offer, no matter how dedicated the guardians are, they are few persons and there is a lot of cats to care. A lot of cats means increased health risks and so on.

We are not the brain of the Nature, we are only the arms. And arms have no guilt.

+++

My tears and hugs! Have a nice journey back to home cloud, kitties!
Solomonar, thanks for your kind words and considerations. I understand what you mean that every year a lot of cats are killed in nature without anyone shedding a tear - same way as lot of cats are euthanized in shelters, or abandoned.... But, those were my babies, and they relied on me to keep them safe and sound. My brain understands your words, my heart can't help but ache at the fact that it had to happen to them....