Kitties From Separate Litters

Viralata

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am a first-time cat owner. Two days ago, I adopted two kittens from different litters. Maybe I should have adopted siblings? Anyway, the lady at the rescue said it'd be fine. They're both about the same age although the calico is a little bigger. They are fine chilling near each other, eat side by side, and they both sleep on my full sized bed with me. But every time they make accidental physical contact or happen to encounter each other they hiss and swat, and it happens like every 10 min. Is there anything I can do to help them get along or should I just give them time?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just give them time to not only get used to each other but all the different smells. It is natural for them to behave the way they are. Play with them together so they interact and learn how to play together. Enjoy them and please post photos

saladflambe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness how adorable!!
Give them time :) My current two foster kittens are also from separate litters, and they had about a 2-week adjustment period of getting to know and understand one another. Now, they are best buds. Just takes a little time!

Also, kitten play can look rough - so be prepared for that! Pounce and chase and tackle and wrestle...on and on.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS.:wave2: Your kittens are paws-itively adorable. :catlove:

I think what you are describing is just natural kitten behaviour. Enjoy them. And take lots of pictures, because by this time next year, you'll wonder what happened to your tiny little kittens.