Kittie doesn't like being inside anymore..?

doomkittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have a neutered male kitty not yet 8 months old, he's an outside cat, but i always always bring him inside. He used to LOVE coming in, but lately he hasn't been coming back till about 4-6 pm after not seeing him till the night before. He also wants outside about 10 minutes after bringing him in, too. He would stay in for hours, usually. It's really making me sad, cause he's everything to me, and he just doesn't seem to like me as much anymore.. Whats his problem? Anything I can do to fix? Thanks everyone.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are better off being inside-only anyway, so stop letting him out. He'll be healthier, you'll be happier. He will eventually get used to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomkittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, believe me, I wish I could but my parents say strictly outside. Dad doesnt like cats and mom doesn't like the shedding, scratching..We have around 11 outside cats, alot of strays come over cause i feed them, so..But yeah..I'd love it if he could stay inside.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Doomkittie

Oh, believe me, I wish I could but my parents say strictly outside. Dad doesnt like cats and mom doesn't like the shedding, scratching..We have around 11 outside cats, alot of strays come over cause i feed them, so..But yeah..I'd love it if he could stay inside.
You are a gift from heaven to the stray cats
I would keep him in. We don't want him to get in fights.

doomkittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol, yeeah i know..but i cant :-\\ my dad would probably literally die if i said i was keeping him inside for good.. He's a pretty good cat though, he doesn't ever pick fights with anyone. except my hands..he'll only playfight. I'm just wondering is this a little phase he's going through? will it stop? Sometimes i would let him sleep in my room but lately he just sits by my door, wanting out.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no good answer to it - unless you can convince your father that the cat's life will be much better indoors, longer, safer, healthier, happier (you too!). Unfortunately, the cat may begin straying farther and farther, for longer times - I don't say this to upset you, but maybe warn you that's what often happens. It's also possible someone else is feeding him out there. What are the chances they'll let you keep him just in your room - though whether he'd be happy, quiet, or 'good' about not messing up things is hard to say. Is there anyone (family friend, teacher, vet) who you think could talk to your parents just about this one cat for you?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is like talking to my dad you should give up. He is always right if if wrong and he knows better even if it will kill you

doomkittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, actually, my dad pretty much doesnt care about them at all. A long time ago, a stray came and he actually SHOT it
Nothing I say will ever change his mind. Plus I think it would be impossible to try and teach Tiger how to use a litterbox. He'd end up peeing and pooping everywhere, or keep it in till he's let outside..Oh well. See I used to keep his mom in alot too but after she had him, she barely even lets me pick her up now. But..anyway.. I didn't think neutured kitties roamed the country looking for females, or do they? I thought once they were neutured, they wouldn;t look for females, unless he's just looking for food to catch..I don't know. I guess I just have to let him do what he's doing. Well thanks everyone

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, good luck with things in general, and I hope they work out specially good for you!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Doomkittie

Well, actually, my dad pretty much doesnt care about them at all. A long time ago, a stray came and he actually SHOT it
Nothing I say will ever change his mind. Plus I think it would be impossible to try and teach Tiger how to use a litterbox. He'd end up peeing and pooping everywhere, or keep it in till he's let outside..Oh well. See I used to keep his mom in alot too but after she had him, she barely even lets me pick her up now. But..anyway.. I didn't think neutured kitties roamed the country looking for females, or do they? I thought once they were neutured, they wouldn;t look for females, unless he's just looking for food to catch..I don't know. I guess I just have to let him do what he's doing. Well thanks everyone
Please do not take it the wrong way but maybe you should find him a new home. In case he accidentally does something wrong your Dad wont shot him.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might also consider putting collars on them all so that people know they belong somewhere and aren't just strays, cause if they are roaming they could get rounded up and taken to the pound. You didn't say anything about this, so maybe they already have collars? I'm glad you know that your dad was wrong to shoot the cat.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine likes the leash I got it the other day and she likes it. Doesn't want to come back in but with the leash she has no choose