kittens

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can't get kitten milk use goats' milk mixed with the other ingredients. It is safe for kittens where cows' milk isn't (lactose content). I am not an expert on ferals, but I would try and get htem back with their mom if you can find her. Maybe put the kittens in a box that they can't get out of and she could get in when she hears/smells them. Watch and see if she comes back, and if not then take the kittens and feed them every two/three hours. But someone more expert may give you better advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brittbs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
here's a pic of the medicine dropper im using.. can someone please tell me how many of these i feed every 5 hrs?? i know 4 wk old kittens are supposed to eat 80 cc's but if they only eat every 5 hrs that means that they need to eat 16cc's every 5 hrs! 16cc's sounds like a lot for a tiny kitten to eat!! can anyone help??

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to pm a couple of people about this thread as they may not have seen it, since often our experts only check the pregnancy & kittens forum..

GOOD LUCK - sorry I cant be of any help but I will thinking of you

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These babies are probably old enough (they do appear to have teeth) to have regular canned cat food - so go ahead and open a can, mix it with a little warm water and put it down for them - my bet is that they will eat it.

The kittens should stay with you and not be stressed out in any way. You don't want to spray these babies for fleas- talk to a vet about safe flea treatment- anything brought over the counter could potentially harm, even kill these babies.

Do not put them back with mom, if she is feral she will either ignore them or try to kill them if your scent is strong on them, and seeing you have had them on your lap, I would guess it is. Bathing them to get your scent off of them won't work either, they will smell differently and she will want nothing to do with them.

Again www.kitten-rescue.com is set up to help you here.