Kittens

deanterra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued a tom cat that was living outside my place of employment. He looked to be around 4 or 5 months. And in one month, he impregnated 3 of my female cats. One miscarried her 3 kittens, but, she's a kitten herself and the other two females had their babies. My feral female had 2 kittens and my other one had 7 yesterday, two days after the feral had hers. I didn't think he was old enough to make babies yet. Needless to say, he has been fixed , now I have 9 kittens to find homes for.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, that's rough. Did the vet guess wrong on his age when you took him in?
Hopefully you can get your females spayed also. There are plenty of low cost options in the US if you need help finding one. Also he can still get the girls pregnant for weeks after his neutering so still keep them separated if it was under a month ago or those momma cats can all be pregnant again.

Good luck!

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh yikes. Nine is a lot to have all at once! I hope the mommas are close- they might share nursing duties to take the onus off the one that had 7!!!!

I think you might need some help finding homes and vet care are you in contact with any rescues in your area?

Good thing you had the male fixed. Those mammas could get pregnant before these ones are even weaned.