Kittens on Highway - why do people do it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had Tyrion the tyrant a week now. He is doing wonderful. He is healthy even for his small size. Doc A said that he estimated him to be 7-8 weeks old and just very petite either from malnutrition or maybe his mother was a small kitty and having 7 kittens made it really cramped in there. Anyway, he was covered in dirt when I found him and I thought he was a color point... After I washed him off, I found tabby markings. It was a shock. I washed him with Dawn dish soap as I thought at the time that he was too young for flea treatment. I felt I did a good job getting the fleas off of him. I didn't see one until Saturday night. So, today I went and got the others their Revolution and I got him Advantage II for kittens. Because of his size, I only gave him a half dose. No problems. He didn't have a bad reaction at all. I have been pretty lucky on no fleas this year so I wanted to nip any potential problems in the bud!

He also got wormed. He didn't like that at all! I let Doc A do it!! I told him, I'm not a vet yet and my day is coming to get bit all day... But not today! Doc A did get bit and Tyrion let him have it!! He broke the skin and was really upset after... It took several minutes for him to calm down! He also had to be treated for ear mites... So wish they made a Revolution for kittens! It could've saved me some $$$!

I got his first kitten shots. Set an appointment for the 2nd. And after the last and 3rd, we are going to set a neutering date. Doc A is hoping that he'll be at least big enough by then to set a date. He is really small. He is half the size of other kittens his age, Doc A said. It doesn't concern him as he is very healthy except for the minor problems of worms, ear mites and fleas.

I try to wash his face every day, I really do! As does Phoebe. He won't let either one of us. For such a small guy, he is very strong and very fiesty... He can throw one heck of a fit, too!! He gives Piper Viper a run for her money on the tantrum throwing, let me tell you! Anyway, he just goes around with a dirty face all the time!! He reminds me of a kitty I had growing up named, Morris. Morris was the same coloring and the same way about washing his face and wouldn't give himself a bath either... He preferred me to do so. My mom used to shake her head and say "Tisk, tisk, you dirty and lazy boy!" She called him Dirty Face when she would call him... The bad thing is, he'd respond to it! Anyway, Tyrion reminds me so much of Morris.

He is very adventurous and loves to climb and jump. The higher the better! He hasn't really got any balance problems, either. He is food aggressive but considering I feed actual meat, I can see why. He is probably used to kibble previously. We're working on it. The others are starting to accept him and do their part to help him become a good kitty. He does have his little issues with behavior that I am hoping can be ironed out soon.

He is very loving and loves to lay right where he can hear my heart beat. Not on my stomach or lap, but right on my chest.

So far, no one has really shown interest in him. I don't know what I am going to do? I had one person interested but her husband said "No more cats". So if push comes to shove, he will be staying with me. Though, pray for someone to come forward and give him a loving home. I think he would be best in a 1 cat home as he is proving himself to be something of a bully already!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He sounds well named!

Lots of positive "excellent home found" vibes going your way....