Kittens need names!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Do you prefer literary or is any themed group okay?
Any theme is ok. Even if all the names start with the same letter. I do try to stay away from names that rhyme/sound very similar (think Inky/Winky).

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would have to agree with Patches, Panda and Panther Very cute names for three adorable kittins

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
catpack catpack

I don't know if you're a Harry Potter fan but I like Sirius for the black boy, James for the tuxedo boy and Lily, Molly, Ginny or Hermione for the little calico girl!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though this may not be the most helpful post you receive, in my experience, cats generally let their caregivers know their names, just like T.S. Eliot in his wisdom observed.  It may be a physical attribute or it might be a personality thing, but one way or another, IMHO it's always best to wait for the cat to let you know.  

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whenever I think literary names I always jump to Shakespeare first. Maybe Hamlet, Horatio, and Ophelia? Kind of a mouthful, though!

I also kind of like Palamon, Arcite, and Emily, from The Knight's Tale.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the great suggestions! We've definitely added some new ones to our names list for future kitties.

I *think* I have narrowed the choices down to the following:

Girl Boy #1 Boy #2

London Dublin Rio
Athena Apollo Ares
Monet Picasso Titian

Will be trying these out with them and see if any stick. I still welcome suggestions!

Still a bit hard to get decent pics as they're still a little skittish (though much improved from the hissing and spitting we were doing this time last week!) But, here are a few I got tonight.

I think we're about 7 weeks old, give or take a few days.

Included is a bonus pic of mom!
Not sure if I have mentioned, but we also caught mom.
She's very skittish, though I can't label her a true feral (I think we were abandoned/lost as a young kitten.). She'll lick food off a spoon and I can pet her without getting scratched (she'll just growl on occasion), but handling her is still very much a no go. She's not very old herself. Maybe 10 months to a year.

Last edited:

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isn't Monet, Picasso, and Titian all boy names?
Out of the 3 groups I think I like Athena, Apollo, and Ares best. :)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, darn!  I hate to miss a kitten naming event!  Can I still throw my hat into the ring?

Scout 

Jem

Boo

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
aww, I have a Monet and Picasso, lol. love those names! (then again, I am biased).

Picasso had a daughter who is also an artist, so that'd be a good name for the female

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like Callie for the girl, cos she's a calico, but I can't think of names for the boys that reflect their pattern.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I like Callie for the girl, cos she's a calico, but I can't think of names for the boys that reflect their pattern.
We currently have a calico named Callie in the rescue for that very reason! [emoji]128521[/emoji] She has a diluted calico sister named Lila and there was a third calico in their litter named Gypsy (we lost her 2 yrs ago to FIP.) There are 3 brothers in their litter, all black/white, much like boy #2 and we were going to name them Sawyer, Huck and Finn (hence why I was thinking Sawyer for this little one.) Well, Finn stuck, but Sawyer and Huck ended up being Riley and Parker...

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, there's a lot of cats! How many have you rescued?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, there's a lot of cats! How many have you rescued?
Not sure of an exact count; but there's probably been 100 to 150 in the 5 years I have been doing this. So, no where near what many shelters/large scale rescues do; but, we're doing our small part.