kittens keep peeing on my bed!!!!!

br82417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am a new owner to 3 kittens about 10 weeks old or so perfectly healthy and I've seen 2 of the 3 pee on my bed usually it doesn't happen when im in the room except for the one time i took the blanket off the bed to spray the natures miracle to clean it from the first time they peed on it and 2 of the 3 got on it and peed on it one after the other. This is now the 4th time its happened and is the only place they've gone besides there litter boxes i got them a little over a week ago. I've tried using the natures miracle to clean it and it was supposed to prevent them from resoiling it and i also used no mark stuff. I don't know what else to do besides locking them out of my room can anyone help please?!?!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take the covers off the bed and see if there is a spot on the mattress where it soaked through. If there isn't, wash the covers thoroughly and use some fabric softener like Snuggle. Keep the kittens out of the room while you are doing this. If there is, then you have to be more aggressive. A mattress cover will prevent accidents from soaking through.

Just using the NM won't work on non-hard surfaces. And sometimes the no-mark products are less than effective.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

br82417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yea i also did the same to my sheets as my blanket and yes it went through to my mattress but i also scrubbed that with the NM

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did wash the sheets and blanket when Bella or Thunder peeped on mine.  I then put a second box in my bedroom and thought it was the end of it until a few days ago, one of them did it again, Thank God I live beside the laundry mat.

br82417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yea i also have a litter box in my room this is very aggravating

br82417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also have a 9 year old cat that is not a fan of them who used to always sleep on my bed but hasn't since they've gotten here could that be the reason maybe?

magdalena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When my Brad was a baby, he peed on the bed quite a bit, but it was because getting up and down off the bed was very hard for him.  When I started putting him on the floor every so often to see if he needed to pee and then picking him back up and putting him on the bed, where he wanted to be, when he was done, he stopped immediately.

Perhaps you could put a box or something by the bed so that they have an easier time getting up and down?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natures Miracle is often not enough to remove the smell of their urine from a mattress, as the urine seeps down and often out into the surrounding stuffing. You may need to use a different method of cleaning it such as described here: http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-urinating-on-bed-how-to-clean-a-prevent-it. Then get a plastic mattress cover to protect it from any further accidents.

They are very young and still in the learning stage of life. They are probably peeing on your bed cause it smells of you and it comforts them. It would really be best if they had their own room with everything they need in it, if possible, until they are a bit older. If not, washing your sheets with a citris smelling soap, or add lemon to the wash may help as kitties really don't like that smell. Keeping them out of your room, or at least off your bed until they are older and have learned to use the litter box more is your other option.

raemac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitten that is about 6 months I have had her since she was 8 weeks old she has always used the litter box but lately in the past 2 weeks she has pee'd on my bed and only first thing in the morning? It a lot too. Her sister lives with us to they have two litter trays and my kitten "fury" just got de-sex. Out of the 3 times I have only seen her do it once didn't see the who did it the other 2 times. Nothing has changed apart from them getting older I washed the sheets and blanket, I clean the litter box morning and night and do a full change once a week depending on how much it has been used, please help I have no idea what to do and my partner is not happy bout it at all :(