Kitten's Eye

People

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm a little worried about my kitten's eye. She is 1 month old today and her brother and sister have fully opened their eyes. Should I be worried? Should I take her to the vet? I've never had cats or kittens before, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a cute kitten! What’s her name? I can’t tell whether the left eye is actually smaller or if she’s just squinting. Does she have any discharge coming from it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

People

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. Her name is Ethel. I haven't noticed any discharge. Just a little red around the eye. Not sure if this picture helps.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like she may have a tiny eye infection going on, but it is hard to be sure with the photo. Kittens are prone to eye problems so it wouldn't be too surprising. If you have a vet you use regularly you can ask them about options for it, probably send more photos to be sure. If your vet isn't able to help remotely, it would be best to have a vet visit.

Little problems like this can be handled fairly easily with a quick visit and medication. Waiting to see if it gets better or worse can lead to higher expenses and more in-depth treatment options. I tend to see the vet right away so we get them handled when they are only minor problems.