kittens eatting

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just wondering how all of the kittens on here are eating. Are they making messes are they just eating without making messes? Can they tell when you are about to feed them? I want to know how your kittens react at feeding time?

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi tabbymommy,
Well my 6 are noisy eaters, at first they would tread in it, sit in it, play with it and make a right mess all over the pen, but now they are getting better.
I started off giving them a 100g tray of pâté onto 3 saucers, now they have a 190g tin of kitten food on 4 saucers. I used to put them on a training pad to minimise the mess, but now I place the saucers on a tray and any mess stays there and is easier to clean up.

Last edited:

envykatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My youngest kitten (8 nearly 9 wks) still sits in the food bowl so he can get more and my other two can't. Lol You can always give them shredded or "chunky" wet food (kind with chunks of fish & chicken) they'll probably love it. I just pour it in a bowl & then chop it up some witg scissors. They adore it. :) and mine kinda slurp as they eat. Its loud but kinda cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buddy has always just ate he has never made any messes with his food unless he is trying to jump onto my back while I'm getting his mom her food and water(they share water). He has always been good at not stepping in it while eating but when he sees or hears someone near his feeding area he thinks food time even though he isn't hungery. I also give him 1/4 can on wet food mixed with alittle dry most of its gone when he gets done and none go to waist thanks to my lover girl Tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabby she used to take his food now he takes hers even if he has food lol