TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think we had a similiar tread not far ago...  The easy answer is, there is the American Curl, but its a trap, they are curled backwards, not forward as here...

so it must be an another gene here in play.

Very pretty kittens.  The last kitten is btw almost surely a point alike momma, lynx point and white bi-color.  Having this lotsa of white in the face, we dont se clearly the usual masque. 

And a new interesting question from you.  How are you doing it?  Do you choose them in some way, whom you want to foster, or are you simply openminded and have your eyes open?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi @StefanZ,

Nope, I don't really pick the kittens. I'm the foster coordinator for a small rescue, so pretty much all the kittens get filtered through me. I have more room than most of our fosters, so I tend to end up with more kittens/cats that our other fosters. Actually, not "tend to", I always have more. :) At the moment I have nineteen kittens, two adult females (the mothers of some of the kittens), and two juvenile males. Several were spayed/neutered last week and will hopefully be moving on to their new homes very soon. Of course their vacancies will likely be replaced by other kittens, as this time of the year, there seems to be an endless supply. 

KrazyNeko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got a foster litter of four kittens. I noticed with two of the kittens, their ears curl down just a tiny bit at the very tips. Is this a trait of any specific breed? I was told the mother is a lilac point Siamese mix.

The first two kittens have the curled ears, the other two do not.

I was looking for this same answer & came across this thread on this site so decided to join to share my baby kittens images of her slightly curled ears too. No background knowledge of breed lines, my counselor was brought two kittens found in the trash & asked me if I wanted to bottle feed them & foster her brother. She knew I wanted a calico female kitten & when her cat only had males she was arranging for a different cat for me & then she was brought this baby. Her brother does not have where the ears do this but hers does & I can't find an answer yet to what breed & no graphs on cat ears have this either. I love it though, it is so cute. I just wonder if it is something new in cat breeds now & why not documented as of a characteristic in cat ears shapes. May just have to do her DNA like I did with my dog & hope to find out why.

Attachments