Kittens Colours?

Adrian_newey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,,, how are ya? Hope you all well,,, i have 2 cats i want to bred them just for once to give the expected kittens to my sisters who were so desperate to raise cats and they don't want to adopt from shelters ,, so i have to do the job for them,, anyway i want to know the expected colours of kittens from this mating

Tom

Thank you in advance

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think it’s really accurate to guess colors. If I had to guess I’d say rainbow. Just kidding... I’m sure they’ll be adorable no matter what! Do you plan to have your female fixed after this litter? I’d fix your male now she can get pregnant again after giving birth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrian_newey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t think it’s really accurate to guess colors. If I had to guess I’d say rainbow. Just kidding... I’m sure they’ll be adorable no matter what! Do you plan to have your female fixed after this litter? I’d fix your male now she can get pregnant again after giving birth.
Rainbow! LoL i would quess the same,, as for the parents yeah surely i would have them fixed after this litter, and thanks for your kind response

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might get white ones and one or two colored like mom. And maybe black and orange. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are your cats? Where did you get them?

Breeding for colors or for kittens for your sibling isn’t really a good enough reason. It’s a lot for your cats, and you, to go through.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its momma whom is the three colored calico, right? she will tend to spread out her colors on the kittens. Girls will tend to be calicos, boys red or black and white.

The father seems to be a purebred persian, even of decent quality. He seems to be silvershaded tabby.
I dont know how the hereditaries of silvershaded.
But tabby is dominant, so half of the kittens will be tabbies too...

IF you have decided to have a litter, so you do have. Your right and privilege.

But observe, its not mandatory to take litters even after purebreds. Most purebreds are in fact, spayed / neutered.
Its the wise to do, if you arent in a breeding programme...

Adrian_newey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old are your cats? Where did you get them?

Breeding for colors or for kittens for your sibling isn’t really a good enough reason. It’s a lot for your cats, and you, to go through.
The Tom cat is 3 years old and was gifted to me when he was kitten and the queen is one year old which i adopted from a shelter 7 months ago! I don't want to breed them for fun or trading it just to gift them to my sisters.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! You don't know anything about their health histories. How old are these cats?

I would really recommend you reconsider. Do you have finances for medical emergencies? The time to raise kittens by hand if something happens to mom? Enough excellent homes if there are as many as 8 kittens? This really isn't a one and done, and you don't seem to be thinking about what is best for your cats.

Adrian_newey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its momma whom is the three colored calico, right? she will tend to spread out her colors on the kittens. Girls will tend to be calicos, boys red or black and white.

The father seems to be a purebred persian, even of decent quality. He seems to be silvershaded tabby.

But observe, its not mandatory to take litters even after purebreds. Most purebreds are in fact, spayed / neutered.
Yeah the mother is calico her ancestors were traditional persians doll-faced persian
I to agree with your expectation but don’t you think that the kittens would inhabit the silver gene from their father? I guess its name is (I inhabitor) the gene which responsible for smoke and shaded mutation??

I completely agree with your expectation,
But don't you think that the kittens would inherit the silver gene from their father? The silver gene i guess its called ( I inhbitor) the gene which responsible for the smoke and shaded mutation? and is there any chance of getting a silver kitten of this mating??
And have no worries i would haved them all fixed including the expected kittens

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Coat Calculator
OK, this cat color calculator says this:

Kittens will be longhaired. Toms can be black or red. Mollies can be black or tortoiseshell. Mackerel tabby is the dominant pattern. All kittens will be silver/smoke. They will all have less than 50% white spotting.

I'm not sure how the shaded silver gene works but it seems like he'll pass it on to all of them. I wonder what a shaded silver calico looks like. . .

Haha, this calculator gives a lot more possibilities: Persian Cat Color Calculator - Tabby x Bi-Color | Pelaqita Persians

Adrian_newey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yikes! You don't know anything about their health histories. How old are these cats?

I would really recommend you reconsider. Do you have finances for medical emergencies? The time to raise kittens by hand if something happens to mom? Enough excellent homes if there are as many as 8 kittens? This really isn't a one and done, and you don't seem to be thinking about what is best for your cats.
first of all I do believe they don't suffer from any issue and they are healthy
they are vaccinated and have their rotational check-ups
second If i neither have the money nor the time to raise pets i wouldn't have had those 2 already

i just asked a plain question about the colors of the expected kittens if you have answer pls present it and i would be most grateful if you don't pls don't bother me !

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
first of all I do believe they don't suffer from any issue and they are healthy
they are vaccinated and have their rotational check-ups
second If i neither have the money nor the time to raise pets i wouldn't have had those 2 already

i just asked a plain question about the colors of the expected kittens if you have answer pls present it and i would be most grateful if you don't pls don't bother me !
With persians, there are specific concerns about breathing issues, etc, that can be genetic. It's not as as simple as vaccines and check ups. I do also wonder if you are violating the agreement from the shelter where you got your girl.

You also haven't said how old the cats are.

I don't mean to bother you, certainly. I am trying to raise some concerns, including that emergency vet care can be thousands of dollars. Raising kittens requires around the clock care; it's nothing like caring for adults. I understand why you want to do this, but not why you feel it's in the best interest of your cats. Perhaps you can explain to me.

This is a pro-spay and neuter forum.

Adrian_newey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Th
Cat Coat Calculator
OK, this cat color calculator says this:

Kittens will be longhaired. Toms can be black or red. Mollies can be black or tortoiseshell. Mackerel tabby is the dominant pattern. All kittens will be silver/smoke. They will all have less than 50% white spotting.

I'm not sure how the shaded silver gene works but it seems like he'll pass it on to all of them. I wonder what a shaded silver calico looks like. . .

Haha, this calculator gives a lot more possibilities: Persian Cat Color Calculator - Tabby x Bi-Color | Pelaqita Persians
Thank you very much for your response that what i was looking for!! The effect of the silver gene upon the kittens!! All the kittens will be silver/smoke so i guess the solid colour would be smoke and the tabby would be silver shaded i'm not sure if that is true but i wish so

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is your female already pregnant?

If she is not, please wait until she is 18 months old to breed her.

Cats are better moms when they are more mature. Professional breeders do not breed prior to 18 months old.