Kittens cat tower

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're snowed in too here in Michigan. I would love to know how the tower works since I have seen them on line and considered buying. I'm also working on making my own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will make sure to let you know. It's currently in Kenosha Wisconsin and has been there since yesterday morning and hasn't moved out from there. It's ok, I got them a couple of these to tide them over until it comes when I adopted them. I was worried more about them clawing things up then them actually using the hammock portion of it, but they do seem to use it to climb onto the window ledges.

Last edited:

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the midwest winter storm has delayed my delivery of the cat tree until Tuesday instead of Today. Putting it together for them tomorrow will give me something to do.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like a nice tree!  It's similar to mine; which gets a lot of use!  I bet they will love it!  My only regret is not having 2 tall perches; but back when we bought it we were living in a much smaller place.

Let us know how your 2 like it!  And of course we'd love to see pics of it in action too!! 

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very excited as I got my update from Amazon and it's out for delivery so I should be getting it in the next few hours. :clap: :clap: :clap:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Very excited as I got my update from Amazon and it's out for delivery so I should be getting it in the next few hours.

Be sure to post pics!  

They may love it right off but don't be disappointed if they don't.  When we got a new cat tree, it took awhile for our cats to get used to it.  I put one of their sleep pads on the new tree AND sprayed catnip on it but even so, it took a few days for them to really get used to the new smell and want to play on it.  Now they love it.  

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As promised here it is all together. As you can see on the floor on the left side next to it Tangerine and Mango are starting to take an interest in it. I put the two scratch post  hammock I bought so they would have something to claw on to each side of it to give them something to jump down on from the cat tree. I figured if I did this they would be much more willing to use it if they had a place half way down to jump on.

Last edited:

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Funny thing happened. I went to shower, saw one of the kittens was playing on the cat tree and when he saw me looking he looked at me as he was jumping down almost like he was saying that wasn't me on there having fun.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Funny thing happened. I went to shower, saw one of the kittens was playing on the cat tree and when he saw me looking he looked at me as he was jumping down almost like he was saying that wasn't me on there having fun.
That's FUNNY.  I love the separate hammock sections, I may have to get one or two of those for my lazy cats.  

kellerjack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That looks like a great playground! My little guy only uses his for the bed on top.. seems to have outgrown the "fun" on the bottom. Time for an upgrade!! :D

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That looks like a great playground! My little guy only uses his for the bed on top.. seems to have outgrown the "fun" on the bottom. Time for an upgrade!! :D
They now use it to sleep. One will sleep on one of the side hammocks and one will sleep in the little hidy place. That's of course when their not stretching out on my bed.

Last edited:

quiltingkate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's some cat tree!  They'll get lots of exercise on that.  Mack has really built up some muscle since he got his tree.

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the same one. I remodeled it a bit. I use the house as a toy holder as it is too small for my cat and took out the tube and replaced it with the rope.