Kittens can't be born

playbunnyjinx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to let everyone know that had a go at me for (accidental) BYB, Angel was unable to carry her kittens, they were not getting the nutrients they needed and she is as I thought too small.

She had her Kittens removed four days ago we called them Hope, Charity and Faith there was only three of them. She is doing fine now although shes a bit disorientated.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me with the questions I asked.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, I am soooo sorry about the babies, but glad to hear that mama is doing ok..RIP sweet angels..

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think they were having a go at you, I believe they were concerned for the situation that you described actually happening.
Most of the people who were responding to you are educated, ethical breeders who have researched carefully genetic lines on their breed. Undoubtedly some have lived through the heartache you are now enduring and wished to spare you the same.

I am sorry you lost the entire litter, and would hope that after her grieving period is over you will have this female spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

playbunnyjinx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is going to be spayed within the next 6 months, although at this moment I am more worried about the emotional side of her. She just sits and stares at the carpet.

We were going to have her spayed on the same day but our vet said it could be too much for her to cope with.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard because they feel so unfocused. They have so much going on inside that is maternal and nothing to do with it. If you have a small stuffed animal, you can give that to her and see if she finds comfort in it. Also she will go into heat very soon so then she will really be messed up because the grief intensifies the heat cycle.

I am again sorry the kittens couldn't be born but I know you acted in her best interest as quickly as you could when you realized she was in trouble.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by playbunnyjinx

She is going to be spayed within the next 6 months, although at this moment I am more worried about the emotional side of her. She just sits and stares at the carpet.

We were going to have her spayed on the same day but our vet said it could be too much for her to cope with.
Awww give her a huge hug from me!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godspeed, little angels!! My prayers and thoughts go out to Angel, your little mama-kitty! What a difficult decision for you and your vet to make, but please be reassured it saved the whole kitty family from unbelievable anguish. Has your vet suggested any kind of hormone therapy to help Angel through this difficult time? At any rate, hugs to you both - you're the best meowmmy that she can have!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am sorry you lost your sweet babies. You did what was best for her.

R.I.P Hope, Charity, and Faith

~SARAH~

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness this is awful for you and your baby girl. Lots of big hugs for you both. I hope she ends up ok after she gets over her grief, and that you do too.