Kittens Are Coming!

Kittykitty03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My outside mama cat (I know, I know) is having kittens right now. I thought it would be soon but not tonight. That being said, her outside houses were small so I planned on putting a bigger house/box out there tomorrow. Well, the 1st kitten came and she turned around and slid into the tiny cat carrier that happened to be out there. Now, she’s had atleast 3 in there but barely any room at all. I’m afraid she is squishing them. I know one isn’t probably going to make it due to lack of attention. I have a better area set up for her right next to where she is but she won’t come out. Do I go inside and let her do her thing?? () or try to do something?? This isn’t her first litter...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please bring mom and kittens inside, and keep mom in until the kittens have been weaned and she has been spayed.

It’s much, much safer for mom and babies, and she could get pregnant again within weeks otherwise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittykitty03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can’t bring Her inside. This isn’t her first litter and yes she will be fixed ASAP (this time). I was just concerned since she i thought she might be squishing them... but I peeked this morning and atleast 2 of them seemed to be okay? ‍♀

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a garage or something she can stay in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittykitty03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s safe where she is, she just went into the small cat carrier bc it was her closest door and won’t come out. I left her to her motherly instincts and hope she’s okay when I get Home.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you going to spay her? If she’s outdoors, she could get pregnant again even while she is still nursing.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: Welcome to TCS!! I just saw this thread - how are mama kitty and her family doing? We love, love, love pictures here at TCS :camera:
I help care for feral colonies and I have known cats to have kittens successfully in piles of 2"×4" lumber and in 6" irrigation pipe. It sounds like your mama kitty is experienced so I am confident that she has the situation well in hand!