Kittens are coming!!!!!!!!!Update!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I'm waiting for my girl to have kittens at the moment!

Congratulations!!
I feel your pain, hopefully you are more prepared than I was... I totally spazed I bet my veterinarian thinks I'm a freak

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright it's very late and maybe I'm having crazy thoughts here....
I was spazzing out in my previous post "keep momma out of couch" about "when" was it time... The next day when I woke up, I thought "today" "they're coming today". The cat went into very slow, not that obvious labor (last time her water broke in a gush) about 2 hours later.... Am I that intune with this cat? Please understand I love her dearly but this is My daughter's cat and a daddy's girl... we are not that close, Aurora is My cuddlemate.... However, it has been Me that Kit has wanted by her side (or maybe I was the only one willing to sit patiently by) and this time I knew 12 hours before..... I find this all very strange and just wondered if anyone else has experienced this at all. Ugh, I hope this post makes sense

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like you are totally into these kittens!

I answer the phones at night for several vets (and doctors and hospice and the women's shelter...), and most people that call are pretty excited. The doctors always understand that.

Can't wait to see pics of the babies!

zabby27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lori, chances are that your orange tabby is a male too. Orange cats are USUALLY male (USUALLY). When I bought my orange tabby, they said, yup, he's a male, they usually all are and my male turned out to be a lady. But still, since, she's had two three litters and we had 5 orange tabbies and they were all male and my latest kit (he's my orange tabby's grandson) is orange and is male.

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's funny! I never knew that, but I had an orange female for a long time... she was a peachy orange though... The orange kitty in this litter looks male as far as I can tell.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MommaLori

I feel your pain, hopefully you are more prepared than I was... I totally spazed I bet my veterinarian thinks I'm a freak
hehe yes I have been breeding cats for six years now so I'm well prepared!

She's 65 days today though and no cigar!

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh how neat, I always wanted to breed Maine Coons, but I'm not financially equipped to do so, maybe someday (in retirement
)