Kittens Age..?

AshleyPoulsen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this whole site is brand new to me.. but I am up worried sick that I may have made a mistake rescuing this sweet new kitten..
Got her from the humane society last minute. She is tiny.. 3 pounds! But they tell me she is 23 weeks old.
I noticed she still has her baby teeth and is probably a 3rd if the size of my kitty who is 32 weeks old..
when we got her she had a super goopy eye that they told us they had already treated because she had a URI. It doesn’t seem to be getting better..
Well tonight while she was using the litter box I noticed she ate a bit of litter!! We use clumping and of course I googled this issue and it brought up that it was life threatening as well as the fact she could have feline leukemia... with her being so small and not gaining weight easily, her goopy eye and respiratory infection.. I’m scared out of my mind that she is positive for leukemia and my other two kitties are now exposed.
I’ve already made her an appt for tomorrow. But now I’m terribly worried about her health as well as my other two babies!!

Any advice? Thoughts?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The overall looks arent bad. she is either somewhat younger than thay said, or she is petite by nature...

Hope for the best, and good you are going to your own vet.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My girl was about that size at that age. The vet also thought she was younger then I knew she was (she had been born in the feral colony near me and I saw her first wobbly steps). Now as an adult my girl is 7.5 pounds with at least a pound of that being muscle.

Some cats are just little. Here is my girl at six months and about 3.5 pounds. View media item 420581