Kittens a week old and Kittens 3 days old! I need advice!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! You have been through quite a bit! Where are you located if I might ask?

Kittens should be a minimum of 2 pounds to be fixed, which is usually around 10 to 12 weeks. Although my vet spays them at 6 months, I am taking my 4 little ones in early June to the Humane Society for spay and neuter. Not only is it much less expensive, but they will do it at the 2-pound mark. I can have all four done for about the price of one adult cat at my private vet. However, the waiting list is a good month out, so one has to call and get an appointment well in advance.

That is why I asked where you are located. In the US you can call the Humane Society. If you are in another country, I do not know your options. However, you can sometimes work out a payment plan with a private vet. If you must choose, I would have the 2 mamas done first since they are already sexually mature. You have more time with the kittens.

I do understand that your resources must first go to stabilizing in your own place first.

Have a good day! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toriibugg21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah my little family has been through quite a bit in the past few months unfortunately. I also live in the US West Virginia actually. I do need to get my mammas done bad! I wish that I could have had it done already like it was supposed to be. Kibawib is who Irreally want to get done because she shouldn't have had this litterbbecause of having a broken hip as a baby. I'm going to look into a clinic to see if I can get them all done at once. I know that my hometown has one but that is also 3 almost 4 hours away from where I live now and that would be a long hard stressful drive on the cats. I'm living in Lewis County in West Virginia so hopefully I can find a place like that close to here. I know that there is a place about 45 minutes away where it cost $50 per cat and that includes shots and anything else that they may need so that is what I was going to do but even at that price I wouldpprobably only be able to do one cat at a time and I would really like to get them all done at once.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would urge you to take one cat at a time to the $50 place, and start with Kibawib. I realize it's a drive, but one cat is better than no cat. The rest will fall into place. See if your husband can give you the first $50 to get Kibawib in asap, and get the spaying party started! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toriibugg21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kibawib is going to be the first to get fixed. My husband is the one that is going to pay for it because he is the one who works. I stay at home to take care of the house and animals. So as of right now we only have one source of income. My husband was just recently laid off. He works in the oil field. He was making good money $21.70 an hour and after he got laid off he took a job at a golf course making minimum wage $8.00 an hour. It's a huge difference. If he was still in the oil field right now we would have the money to get in our new place plus replace everything because we have lost everything and get all the cats plus the ones I'm giving away fixed at one time. As of right now though because of the money situation we don't have the means for anything. Since we've lost everything we have only been able to somewhat replace the necessities. We got everything that they animals need that was first. Someone gave us a bed. And we went to the goodwill and each got 3 outfits. He did say as soon as things are a little better that we will get the cats fixed. I would be working if I was able to. One condition to the landlord letting us have our animals in the apartment was that they have to be caged or someone has to be there with them at all times. I can't cage them. My female dog doesn't do well caged she won't quit barking my puppy is fine with a cage as long as it's not locked and I can't see keeping my cats cooped up in a cage it's not fair to them. My husband agrees with that too. My animals are very well house trained. The puppy does so so. He is pee pad trained and does great with it but I'm working with him on going outside and he does really well with going outside he likes to do everything that my female dog does.