Kitten Won't Stop Crying

nalaragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had my kitten now for 5 days and she won't stop crying, she's driving me crazy! I'm not getting any sleep. I don't know how much of this I can take. I play with her 2 hours every day. I clean her litter box every day. I give her food and change her water 2 times a day. What more can I do?! I'm seriously considering giving her away. I know it's awful but I'm sorry, my own sanity has to come first. I feel like I have done so much. I'm playing with her every day, she is VERY active and loves to play. She doesn't sleep a lot, I don't know why, every little thing wakes her up. She only sleeps next to me on the couch and I can't move otherwise she wakes up. She follows me everywhere I go and if I don't give her attention every minute she starts crying, not meowing, but crying. Every minute of every day. I can deal with meowing, it's cute, but she cries and cries and cries. It never ends. I'm at my wits end, I could really use some help. I have looked everywhere for advice, but I feel like I'm doing everything I can already. Please, I hope someone can help me otherwise I have to give her away and I don't want to do that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She hasn't been there long, and I'm thinking she must have come to you directly from Mama and her siblings. Try to look at this from her point of view...everything she knew and loved and counted on is gone now. There is no more safe, warm pile of siblings to nestle with and play with, no Mama, with her rough tongue and deep purrs...there is you. And you are strange to her still. She is beginning to know that she is safe with you, but...YOU GO TO BED...for HOURS at a time, and she is alone and afraid, and wants her world back again. This, too, shall pass. It really will. You can try getting an old-fashioned alarm clock that ticks and wrapping it in a towel for her, as well as a heating pad, on low and well wrapped, for her bed. Or you could try something like this:

Smart Pet Love Snuggle Kitty Behavioral Aid Cat Toy, Tan Tiger

You can find them for less than this, but this one has far superior quality, and has the heat and heartbeat built in together.