Kitten won't stay calm after surgery!

athegaylouise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! So I just picked up my 2 month old kitten from being neutered, and they said he should be a little sleepy, but Dallas wants to PLAYYYYYYY. When my cat Blair got spayed she was very calm when I brought her home and it took her a few hours before she started eating and walking around, but not Dallas. As soon as I opened his carrier he just went sprinting out of it and ate a whole can of wet food.

Now he keeps trying to jump on and off my bed and I can't get him to stay calm.

Is this okay? Will he hurt himself? 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
  I can just see him doing that.

He should be fine.  If he has pain or any discomfort it should slow him down.  He may still have the pain meds working and he may settle a little when they wear off.  If he's not an inside-only cat, do keep him in, of course.

Remember that the procedure for spaying a girl is much more invasive than a neutering a boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

athegaylouise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the assurance! Yea miss Blair layed around and slept all night, but crazy Dallas hasn't calmed down since I brought him home. He is climbing over the top of my laptop trying to attack my hands as I type. 

I guess he must not be in any pain or anything, because he hasn't stopped running around like a cray since I brought him home lol 

He is a spoiled inside kitten, so he isn't allowed outside. I've tried to keep him in just my room tonight, but it hasn't made a difference on the "calm factor" lol Dallas doesn't know the meaning of the word lol