Kitten Woes

ellyr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know there's probably no real solution for this other than, "He's a kitten!" but I suppose I'm looking for a little commiseration.  Alex is maybe five months old or so.  He just got neutered this week.  He's insane. He's constantly tearing through my apartment, so all night I can hear the sound of his paws thumping across the floor and furniture.  I've tried playing with him before bed and feeding him so raw food before going to sleep.  He also always jumps up on my one and a half year old female, Mal, who is mostly annoyed and irritated.   There are times when he is cuddly, namely at night.  Only there are also times when he bites me nose - hard enough that it HURTS.   It makes me want to cry.  I've never really bonded with Alex the way I did with Mal, so I just feel kind of frustrated and upset a lot of the time.  I just wish he would be a sweet, affectionate cat.  I want him to have a good life, and to provide one for him, but right now I feel like he's driving me nuts!

jokasta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've opened a similar thread about a month ago when my kitten had just arrived in her new home. There are several methods of dealing with the kitten-crazies, of which you certainly know, so I'm just going to say what others have told me and hold your hand virtually through this: he's going to grow up and the madness will diminish!

Here's the link to my thread, see if anything there helps: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/247491/my-cat-from-hell#post_3237820

maggiesvineyard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I joined this site tonight for exactly this reason!!! My new kitten is anything but a sweet loving kitty, and he bites me any chance he can get. Seems the only time he's of any resemblance to cute & cuddly is in the middle of the night, because I always wake up with him laying on me somewhere. It's been years since I've had a kitten and couldn't remember it being this way with my last one. I feel bad because they can be so cute at this stage, but I really can't wait for him to grow up :)