Kitten with tan stool- natures variety

mintoxide

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I started my kitten on natures variety raw chicken bites in the middle of August. I worked him up slowly from a few bites to eating 1 cup of NV chicken dog bites (I add 500mg of taurine and a little bit of in clover digestive powder)

Morning- wellness core kitten wet food 1/2 of 5oz can
Evening- 1/2 cup NV raw

Night 1/2 cup raw with supplements 

He's been eating less and less of the wet food....I tried a different flavor but he's not a fan of the wet anymore but always eats his raw.

Lately since he's been eating less and less wet food his stool is more tan and dry looking and in smaller rounds. Not sure what to do? Give him another wellness core can in another flavor? Stop the NV?

I am ordering felines pride chicken right now to see if he likes it since it's less expensive than NV but do you guys think it is the raw food giving him the tan stool?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mintoxide

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to mention that he poops everyday sometimes twice.

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tan is ok as long as it is somewhat firm. It is likely from the raw especially if they are smaller stools (and probably less stinky).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mintoxide

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so used to seeing his stool in long logs that are chocolate brown.....but that's when he was eating more wet food. He's turning his nose up when I put it down. He gives me a "mom that's NOT raw food that mush".

They're more like oval shaped now. Is the frequency too much? He 7 months old.

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, it sounds very normal. It's actually much healthier for their system to eliminate smaller stools more frequently than strain with large logs that pass slowly and stink.