Kitten With Separation Anxiety Crying Non-stop What Can I Do

Staceybush96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had to put one of my kittens(13 weeks) alone do to ringworm. This is the first time he's been separated from his family. The poor thing has been crying almost non-stop for three days. If I go in the room the kitten is fine but unfortunately I work fulltime with a family so can't spend all day/night in there. I spend as much time as I can with him. Due to the ringworm I can't put another cat in the room for company or even carry the kitten around with me. He has to stay in the room. I put a radio in his room hoping that would help but so far no. Do to the extensive cleaning I have to do for the ringworm I have to be carful what I give him as far as toys/bedding. He is even going off his food he's so upset. Does anyone have any advice to give me to help him get through this ?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a tough time this baby (AND YOU) are having! About all you can do at this point is give him as much attention as possible, as often as possible, which you are already doing. The hardest part of it all is not being able to explain to our furbabies what is going on and why! Hang in there. He'll recover from this once his ringworm has cleared and he's out and about again. Do be aware that you may have to do a bit of a reintroduction to the rest of the family but that is SO doable!