Kitten With Ringworm

October

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, so my kitten has suspected ringworm. She was given some treament but was told it isn't very strong so it might not do much, and they don't want to give her anything strong until they have the confirmation that she has actually for it. We put her in a room along with our other cat who we assume will have it too now. I've stripped the room from any fabrics, cushions, blankets ect.
They have lots of contact with the family and it hasn't spread to anybody else so I like to think I'm doing a good job with this hygiene
malarkey.
Anyway, as soon as we found out I deep cleaned everything! I've pulled out beds, hoovered and sprayed everything, hoovered and sprayed mattresses, flipped matteresses, washed just about everything. I also clean there food bowls and litter trays daily.
But here is my problem.. some of the curtains around the house were covered in cat hair. I've tried a sticky roller, I've tried to hoover them and when that failed I just sprayed the hell out of them with dettol. I've noticed on my kitty that the ringworm seems to be spreading but only on her, so I'm guessing the treament isn't working but to be on the safe side I've took all the curtains down and put them on a 60degree wash. One pair has been through this wash 3 times and is still showing a few hairs! Will they be ok? Like they're not going to be still covered in the fungus?
I've also got a beautiful rug which I've pulled up and took out of the house, I've sprayed it with dettol (because apperently it kills fungus) and hoovered it and left it out to air but I'm worried about bringing it back in incase it's still got fungus on it I'm just unable to get out. But I can't afford to just replace everything! Anybody else had this?
Thanks in advance x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

October

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, well they went through on a 4th wash , one of the cats like to hide in it so it gets covered, but when I took it out these strands were everywhere which made me think it's maybe not hair and maybe it's the material, if that makes sense. But I do plan on keeping on top of washing them, not as excessive as I have today haha, but just to try and prevent it coming back. Has put my mind at ease though, bank you for replying