Kitten with pointed ears? What could she be?

chasityazalea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have a unique kitten out of her brothers and sisters. mother is a brown tabby with a long tail but she is bob tailed. All of them have her ears, except her. She has pointy ears and the top is a little folded down. All the others have round ears like the mother. Her paws are black while the others have white feet and pink paws and she is beautifully colored from head to toe but her ears just make her look different than everyone else. Does anyone know what kind of mix she could be? She is five weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i have a unique kitten out of her brothers and sisters. mother is a brown tabby with a long tail but she is bob tailed. All of them have her ears, except her. She has pointy ears and the top is a little folded down. All the others have round ears like the mother. Her paws are black while the others have white feet and pink paws and she is beautifully colored from head to toe but her ears just make her look different than everyone else. Does anyone know what kind of mix she could be? She is five weeks IMG]http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/340167/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
tthe pic dont showing

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yes!   :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would like to also see rest of his body, preferably from aside

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My first reaction is its a verry verry sweet kitten.  Nice is how he looks at your with a curious, conscious look. He is aware of his surroundings! My impression he is a rather regular domestic striped tabby.   But the ears are  less usual.  And as you say, he differs with these ears from momma and siblings.

This shows, its a recessive gene causing this.  Both daddy and momma were carriers of that gene.   And thus, typically, one kitten of four in the litter will have that look.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen kittens with ears like that when they're 5-6 weeks old, and they always stand up by the time the kitty is 8 weeks old. So I don't think it's a genetic trait, just a little oddity. But if her ears do stay like that, it would be very interesting! Be sure to post more pics in a few weeks!

Or, it could be related to the bobtail thing. Sometimes an abnormality in one part of the body causes abnormalities somewhere else. Usually it's harmless, and the results can look really cool. But keep an eye out in case she has trouble with her bowels like some Manx end up with.

Last edited:

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, that is probably one of the cutest kittens I have ever seen in my entire life!!!
For a name, he looks like an Elf :)
Keep us posted with pictures, and the others of course!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chasityazalea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my gosh, that is probably one of the cutest kittens I have ever seen in my entire life!!!
For a name, he looks like an Elf :)
Keep us posted with pictures, and the others of course!
her name is Keiko :) we took her to the vet the other day and she got her first shots and so did all her brothers and sisters. They're growing so much! She still has the biggest cutest ears. I posted a picture of her and her mom :) View media item 342802